Saturday, August 27, 2011

Road Trip

Well, I made it back safe and it was a hell of a ride.  So, basically what I did was drove all the way down to Texas, and then back to Michigan.  I made a few stops along the way, I got to see my Aunt and Uncle in Driftwood, TX, and then I got to see some old friends in Chicago, IL.  If there is one thing I can say about traveling by yourself, it gives you a lot of time to think.  Whether it is the past, present, or future, it was constantly on my mind.  And the last two years, they have not been what I like to consider great years.  Sure, some of awesome things did happen throughout these years, but overall, the bad outweighed the good in my opinion.  Well, now it has started having a toll on my well-being, and I am in the "who am I?" phase in my life.  I hate this stupid garbage, but it happens to all of us at some point.  Well, the conclusion that I came to while traveling was I need to move, I need to change my direction, and I need to do something different for a little while.  Change is good, and I have been ready for a long time, but I have just let myself stay stagnant for too long.  Now, it isn't going to be overnight, but it is going to sooner than later.

However, before I make this next step, I have decided that I must create a project that defines what the last two years have been like, and close that chapter of my life properly.  I must be ambitious, work-hard, and make something out of it; so, I have documentation of this time period.  So, I plan on calling the project, The Great Escape, and it is going to have elements of post-rock/doom/stoner/the cure/depeche mode.  Well, I really don't know how it is going to turn out yet, but this is the vision that I have.  Encouragement is welcome, and I know I need to do this.  I am going to push hard to make it happen.  For those that read this, thank you and hope you enjoyed it.

Your pal,

Steve

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Almost makes me want to fly away for a bit too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.upperplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/d177f3a95c132744.gif.gif

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Chad, I love the gif. Yeah, a nice little getaway is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete